Diese Seite mit anderen teilen ...

Informationen zum Thema:
Forum:
WinDev Forum
Beiträge im Thema:
5
Erster Beitrag:
vor 8 Jahren, 7 Monaten
Letzter Beitrag:
vor 8 Jahren, 7 Monaten
Beteiligte Autoren:
Yogi Yang.pcs.crosspost, Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost, Ruben Sanchez Peña

Support for third party RDBMS

Startbeitrag von Yogi Yang.pcs.crosspost am 29.04.2009 10:46

I am thinking of downloading the Express Edition of WinDev 12.

I have read almost everything thing that is there on this site. But I could not find material stating or showing how we can user Third Party RDBMS like PostreSQL, Oracle directly/natively instead of HyperFile.

My question is: Is it possible to access third party RDBMS from WinDev. I am asking this as our current development is totally dependent on PostgreSQL and Oracle 10 Xpress Edition. We would not like to switch database at this stage.

TIA

Yogi Yang



Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev

Antworten:

Re: Support for third party RDBMS

Hi

yes, it's perfectly possible...

There is a FREE native Postgressql driver available for windev, a paying
native access for Oracle, and of course you can access any DB compatible
ODBC and OLEDB...

You will loose SOME functionalities (by example, the automatic file
format modification when modifying the analysis is available only on HF
classic and HFSQL), but these are functionnalities you didn't have in
the first place with the DB you were using...

More interesting is that it's very easy to switch from one DB to
another, as long as you are not using DB specific SQL requests...

You can find more information about oracle on this page:
http://windev.com/nativesaccess/ANOracle.htm

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com


Yogi Yang wrote:
> I am thinking of downloading the Express Edition of WinDev 12.
>
> I have read almost everything thing that is there on this site. But I could not find material stating or showing how we can user Third Party RDBMS like PostreSQL, Oracle directly/natively instead of HyperFile.
>
> My question is: Is it possible to access third party RDBMS from WinDev. I am asking this as our current development is totally dependent on PostgreSQL and Oracle 10 Xpress Edition. We would not like to switch database at this stage.
>
> TIA
>
> Yogi Yang
>
>
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev

von Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost - am 29.04.2009 12:16

Re: Support for third party RDBMS

Hello,

Thanks for the info.

Fabrice Harari wrote in news message :
> Hi
>
> yes, it's perfectly possible...
>
> There is a FREE native Postgressql driver available for windev, a paying
> native access for Oracle, and of course you can access any DB compatible
> ODBC and OLEDB...
Where is the Free Native access Driver for PostgreSQL?
I know we can access any OLEDB compliant RDBMS as long as there is a provider available for that particular RDBMS. But personally always avoid this route as Microsoft's ADO and OLEDB are a different beasts and learning and coming to grip with them are a chore I would not want to do.

>
> You will loose SOME functionalities (by example, the automatic file
> format modification when modifying the analysis is available only on HF
> classic and HFSQL), but these are functionnalities you didn't have in
> the first place with the DB you were using...

This is true but unfortunately my way of working is that I always create/define Data Structure first and then only start programming.

>
> More interesting is that it's very easy to switch from one DB to
> another, as long as you are not using DB specific SQL requests....
>
> You can find more information about oracle on this page:
> http://windev.com/nativesaccess/ANOracle.htm
>
Please give me links for PostgreSQL and if possible also for FireBird.

Once again thanks for the info.

Regards,

Yogi Yang

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev

von Yogi Yang.pcs.crosspost - am 30.04.2009 06:40

Re: Support for third party RDBMS

Hi Yogi...
> Where is the Free Native access Driver for PostgreSQL?
> I know we can access any OLEDB compliant RDBMS as long as there is a provider available for that particular RDBMS. But personally always avoid this route as Microsoft's ADO and OLEDB are a different beasts and learning and coming to grip with them are a chore I would not want to do.

The postgresSQL driver is available only for windev 14, and it seems
that the us web site is not up to date on that one. The information page
on the french one is here:
http://www.pcsoft.fr/accesnatifs/ANPostgreSQL.htm

and the download link is here:
http://www.pcsoft.fr/st/telec/modules-communs-14/postgresql.htm

On another hand, I think that the express version is older than that, so
postgres will not be available for you tests... You can download the
mysql free native access for the older version if you want to test
something similar

>
>> You will loose SOME functionalities (by example, the automatic file
>> format modification when modifying the analysis is available only on HF
>> classic and HFSQL), but these are functionnalities you didn't have in
>> the first place with the DB you were using...
>
> This is true but unfortunately my way of working is that I always create/define Data Structure first and then only start programming.
>

And you never need to modify the structures afterward? Man! You are
good!!!!

>>
> Please give me links for PostgreSQL and if possible also for FireBird.

There is not native access for firebird available, so you'll have to use
ODBC or OLEDB for that one

best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on http://www.fabriceharari.com

>
> Once again thanks for the info.
>
> Regards,
>
> Yogi Yang
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev

von Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost - am 30.04.2009 11:50
Hi. Try with http://www.sqlmanagerx.com


Rubén

von Ruben Sanchez Peña - am 30.04.2009 13:30
Zur Information:
MySnip.de hat keinen Einfluss auf die Inhalte der Beiträge. Bitte kontaktieren Sie den Administrator des Forums bei Problemen oder Löschforderungen über die Kontaktseite.
Falls die Kontaktaufnahme mit dem Administrator des Forums fehlschlägt, kontaktieren Sie uns bitte über die in unserem Impressum angegebenen Daten.